In 1558 the first thermal SPA was built by Valdieri Municipality. In 1755 the King Carlo Emanuele III finally decided to visit the place and for the occasion a building known as Regio Baraccone was built on the right side of the Gesso river, just in front of the existing thermal SPA.
Between 1857 and 1870 the Royal Architects built the summer resorts in Sant’Anna di Valdieri, the hunting houses in San Giacomo of Entracque and in Pian del Valasco. In Terme four Swiss style chalets are built, two of which still existing and nowadays completely restored: the Casa della Bela Rosin and the facing Casino di Caccia.
The 10th July 1857 King Vittorio Emanuele II decided to start the construction of the Hotel Royal of Terme Reali di Valdieri.