What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of text that websites send to the browser and is stored on the user’s terminal, which may be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, etc. These files allow the website to remember information about your visit, such as language and preferred options, which can make your next visit easier and make the site more useful for you. Cookies play a very important role in improving user experiences on the web.
How are cookies used?
By browsing this website you are accepting that we can install cookies on your machine and let us know the following information:
- Statistical information on the user’s use of the web.
- The user ‚login‘ which keeps the session active on the web.
- The preferred format of web access from mobile devices.
- Latest searches over web services and data customization services.
- Information about the ads that are displayed to the user.
- Information from surveys that the user has participated in.
- Data connection to social networks for users, accessing your Facebook or Twitter.
Types of cookies used
This website uses both temporary session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies store information only while the user accesses the Web and persistent cookies stored in the terminal data to be accessed and used in more than one session.
Technical cookies: these allow the user to navigate through the website or application and use the various options or services there. For example, with traffic control and data communication, to identify the session, access restricted Web parts, remember the elements of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use the security features during navigation, and store content for broadcast video or sound.
Cookies customization: these allow users to access the service with some predefined general features in your terminal, or user defined settings. For example, the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the design of selected content, geolocation terminal and place where you can access the service.
Advertising cookies: these allow the effective management of advertising spaces which are included in the Web page or application from which the service is provided. They allow the adaptation of advertising for it to be relevant to the user and to avoid showing ads that the user has already seen.
Statistical analysis cookies: these allow the monitoring and analysis of user behavior on websites. The information gathered through such cookies is used in measuring the activity of web, application or platform sites and the profiling of user navigation of these sites, in order to make improvements to the service and functionality for users.
Third Party Cookies: On some web pages you can install third-party cookies allow you to manage and improve the services offered. For example, the statistical services of Google Analytics.
How to manage cookies in the browser?
The user has the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting your browser options installed on your terminal:
To set the permissions associated with cookies on Google Chrome Browser:
- Click the menu in the toolbar.
- Select Configuration.
- Click Show advanced options.
- In the „Privacy“ section click the Content Settings button.
- In the section „Cookies“ there are configurable options.
To set the permissions related to cookies in Mozilla Firefox Browser:
- At the top of the Firefox window click the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- You can choose ‚use custom settings‘ to configure.
To set the permissions related to browser cookies in Internet Explorer 9:
- At the top of the Internet Explorer window click on the Tools menu.
- Select the Security tab and use the Delete Browsing History to delete cookies. Enable Cookies check box, and then click Delete.
- Select the Security tab, and use the settings to move the slider to the top to block all cookies or totally down to allow all cookies. After that, click OK.
Some browsers can be configured to manage specific cookie rules for different websites, which provides more precise control over privacy. This means you can disable cookies for all sites except those in which you trust.
List of the technical cookies
in the website www.termerealidivaldieri.it
Google Street View
Google Adwords Remarketing
A session cookie contains information that is stored in a temporary memory location and then subsequently deleted after the session is completed or the web browser is closed. This cookie stores information that the user has inputted and tracks the movements of the user within the website. A session cookie is also known as transient cookie.
A permanent cookie, or a stored cookie, is a cookie that is stored on a users hard drive until it expires (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until the user deletes the cookie. Persistent cookies are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific web site.